Friday, December 3, 2021

Slice 1 - Pt.1 - Sergeants orders

 December marks the start of the painting challenge and Slice 1 for me will be the champion chaplain and a tactical combat squad. Today I want to go into detail about the sergeant of that squad and what influences I will be taking for his paint scheme.



When I decided to go with Blood Angels for this challenge the 2nd edition 40k box art was the primary influence, I loved than piece of art as a kid when it came out and actually have a large print of it in a tube somewhere to put up in my hobby room (when i get one).



The art depicts the blood angels 3rd company fighting against a horde of Orks and there are some great details. Specifically for today I am looking at the sergeant in the background, resplendent with his banner marking him as sergeant of the first squad, helmetless and brandishing a red cased bolt pistol. 



The details here could be thought to very closely match a model that was later produced (94 by the tab on the model),  'veteran sergeant with customised bolt pistol' as listed in the citadel catalogue. This model was even painted as a blood angel in the Angels of Death codex of '96. For the codex he was painted as veteran sergeant of the 1st squad, but of 2nd company, and without the red cased pistol.  



So my model will be the veteran sergeant leading the 1st squad, of the 3rd company, with a red cased master crafted bolt pistol as a wargear card upgrade. Hopefully I can pull it off so stay tuned for in progress and complete pictures, and for those who want to scroll back up, this post my even have given you a sneak peak at what I have planned for another member of this squad...



No comments:

Post a Comment

40k2ndACIII Month 4 - Heavy Metal

March was the biggest month in my plan, 2 vehicles. In words not so much, but the preparation, sub assemblies and amount of detail was even ...