Sunday, October 31, 2021

Introduction - Battle for Armageddon

In the early 90's I was introduced to Games Workshop and Warhammer through playing a school friends older brothers new game, Space Hulk. Being only 8 or 9 at the time I was amazed by the cool models. Move forward to October 1993 and the release of 2nd Edition Warhammer 40,000 and my little 10 year old mind was blown. Over the next few years I collected small forces from a range of Games Workshop games but 40k was always my favourite. 


By the end of the 90's id moved onto other hobbies and then adult life, only returning to the Warhammer hobby in the last 5 years. Ive had an amazing time learning new games and collecting some amazing modern plastic miniatures, but the nostalgia for those old metal models I'd spent so long pouring over in White Dwarf and various Codex still had a huge pull. Some of my models from the time were stored in the loft and on digging those out I decided to let my inner child self have access to my adult bank account and started the arduous process of hunting through ebay to build up the army I always dreamed about. 

So here we are, a blog about building up armies of early 1990's 40k models loosely following the narrative introduced in the 2nd Edition 40k box set, the Second War for Armageddon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

40k2ndACIII Month 4 - Heavy Metal

March was the biggest month in my plan, 2 vehicles. In words not so much, but the preparation, sub assemblies and amount of detail was even ...